This plugin for WordPress allows you to put pictures from Picasa Web Albums in your sidebar, via widget.
Screenshots from my personal websites, combining different ways of using this plugin.
For a demo see the sidebar from my personal website.
The plugin is simple to install:
- Download the zip file
- Unpack the zip. You should have a directory called `picasa-widget`, containing several files and folders
- Upload the `picasa-widget` directory to the `wp-content/plugins` directory on your WordPress installation.
- Activate plugin
- Go to Design -> Widgets for configuration. It’s a must, before using the plugin.
It is very important to make the configurations first! You have to provide a username (no password, just the username, to be able to identify your Picasa account) and than some options. Be sure to write whatever is needed.
This widget works in three ways.
- Mode 1. It just show a list of the last n albums.
- Mode 2. It shows the last n albums using their thumbnails.
- Mode 3. It shows last n pictures from the last m albums.